OUR AWARDS AND AFFILIATIONS
HERE TO HELP WHEN YOU NEED IT
Roof Maintenance Minneapolis-St Paul MN | Brigley Roofing Inc.
Roof maintenance in the Minneapolis-Saint Paul Twin Cities MN area is a smart choice for any Minnesota family. The reason is simple: when that snow, ice, rain, and hail hit, you don’t want your home to be vulnerable to the weather extremes or storms. Brigley Roofing specializes in all types of roof maintenance jobs from simple roof repairs to complete roofing restoration or new roof installation services in Minneapolis-St Paul MN. At Brigley Roofing, no job is too big or too small. When it comes to maintaining your roof, it is important to know the following things: Roof Maintenance Minneapolis-St Paul MN
Understanding Roof Maintenance Roof Maintenance Minneapolis-St Paul MN
There are a number of different roofing components to consider. In some instances, your entire roof may need to be replaced or repaired, while other times only one or two components may need general maintenance or basic roof repairs in St Paul-Minneapolis MN. It is best to understand the different roofing system components to know what to expect:
- Roof covering – shingles, tile, slate or metal and underlay that protect the sheathing from the elements. Often when we discuss roof maintenance, it has to do with the roof coverings, which are most prone to everyday wear-and-tear and deterioration from the weather.
- Sheathing – boards or sheet material that are fastened to roof rafters to cover a house or building.
- Roof structure – rafters and trusses constructed to support the sheathing.
- Flashing – sheet metal or other material installed into a roof system’s various structures to prevent water from seeping in. These are often found around chimneys, vents, skylights, etc.
- Drainage – a roof system’s design features, such as shape, slope, and layout that affect its ability to shed or drain water. Drainage can also refer to the gutters and sidings of your roofing system.
Tips for Minnesota Homeowners Roof Maintenance Minneapolis-St Paul MN
Get a roof inspection done every year. This should be done by a qualified roofing contractor in Minneapolis-St Paul MN that has many years of experience and a solid reputation for integrity and reliability. A roof inspection can provide you with the peace of mind that your roof does not need any maintenance and will be okay for another year. Consider getting a roof inspection done either in the fall or spring.
Clean out your gutters. Once or twice a year you should give your gutters a good cleaning. This will stop gutters from filling up with water, leaves, and other debris which may in turn cause problems for your roof. Furthermore, it’s a good idea to inspect your gutters for any problems that could occur from hail, snow, ice dams, or other kinds of weathering or wear-and-tear.
Remove trees and leaves. Trees can cause problems for your roofing system because they can scrape at or damage your shingles. When leaves fall onto the roof it causes an excess of moisture to buildup, resulting in problems with algae, mold and water damage. To avoid these problems, consider trimming any branches or trees that could directly impact or damage your roof. This could save you a lot in maintenance costs down the road.
Brigley Quality and Integrity Roof Maintenance Minneapolis-St Paul MN
Brigley Roofing provides roofing and siding services in the St Paul and Minneapolis Twin Cities Metro Area. We have been in business for many years, and that longevity speaks for itself. If you are concerned about how your roof will hold up this season, then contact us at (651) 458-5760. We can provide you with general information about maintaining your roof and provide a free estimate on any roofing or siding work that may need to be done for your home or building.